A lot has happened since my last post. I have travelled to quite a few places with my biker friends. I experienced many things for the first time during these trips, On one such trip to rishikesh we camped at an isolated spot which looked beautiful when we reached there in the evening but soon changed to scary when we heard noises at around midnight. That is what happens when you camp on riverside, there's always that noise of the water hitting the shore. During daytime it's barely audible but during night when everything is silent. this noise is all one will hear and trust me it's not a pleasant experience, it's as if something's walking right outside your tent. It also forced all four of us to stay in one tent and leave the other empty.
The other thing that I'll remember for a long time is the experience of River Rafting. When we camped at Shivpuri in the evening I had made up my mind that I will opt out and not go for rafting as I am a bit scared of deep water and have zero knowledge of swimming but when my friends were signing the undertaking, I too signed it, a bit apprehensive, was not sure of what lay in store. Then the time came, we were given life jackets,helmets and oars to row the boat and there was the raft. This was the big raft which had a capacity of 12 people. We were all given directions as to how to operate the raft. I had been on a boat before too but this was something different. We had to sit on the corners and lean outwards, with nothing to hold onto, the experience was wild. Then came the rapids, all of which had different names, the one which shook all of us was known as the three blind mice. At a point in the river we were all asked to jump in the river, I have never tried swimming in my life, so I had no idea what lay in store. As soon as I jumped I panicked, maybe this was because of the fact that I could not feel the ground below my feet. Thanks to the life jacket I was still alive. Finally I was pulled up and my ordeal ended. I can now in hindsight sit back and laugh on myself but that was'nt the case when I was there.
Then I have been to mussorie, Lansdowne, Ajmer,Jaipur,pushkar and some other places.
My next destination might be Himachal Pradesh. I am not really sure about it as of now but guess that has been my story all through my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment