Sunday, July 29, 2007

Buying a Thunderbird

I had been planning on buying a bike for myself, all that I was waiting for was a job. Now when i had a job, I started looking for a bike that would suit my needs, 'coz a bike has to be such that it can carry my 6"2 frame and not look like a Luna. Keeping these considerations in mind the only bikes left for me were from Royal Enfield's stables. Now most of my friends are die hard fans of the normal bullet with its trademark rumbling voice but I chose to go for the Thunderbird and started looking for one. The search proved to be quite an exercise as I had to find a good second hand bike and that is only because the new one costs a whopping 1 lakh. So, I used the best resource available to me , the Internet. I narrowed my search to a bike in meerut and that was primarily due to the reason that the seller was located in meerut. I could always get hold of him in case of any problem. The bike is a Sep 2005 model , blue , and has done 12000 kms. Hopefully it'll run well. I paid for the advance 4000rs as a surety amount almost 10 days back but was unable to buy it at that time as the n.o.c from RTO lkw had not come , now i m still waiting for that stupid piece of paper to arrive before I close this deal. In the meantime I have started receiving offers from other sellers offering 2006 models at a competitive price but can't really do anything as will have to forfeit the surety then. Let's just hope that this bike turns out to be a good buy. Will post pics of it soon.

No comments: